Like any hardware, even a printer has bugs and problems whereas interacting with a special system. one in all these problems is that it shows “offline” even once it’s properly connected. First, guarantee it’s connected with all the electrical retailers and you’re network-connected.
Reconnect your Printer to Wi-Fi
Before entering into alternative workarounds, reconnect the device to your Wi-Fi router. you’ll ‘Forget’ the router from your printer by accessing the settings of it. Then, reconnect it. Your Brother printer Offline model may well be completely different, however the subsequent steps to attach it to a Wi-Fi network ar just about identical.
- Press and hold your printer’s Wi-Fi button until the Wi-Fi light starts blinking.
- Once you are certain it is blinking blue continually, head over to the router, and press its [WPS] button.
The Wi-Fi lightweight can still blink whereas checking out the accessible networks. it’ll still blink once the printer is connecting to your access points. once the device connects thereto, the Wi-Fi lightweight thereon can stay lit.
The spooler service is accountable to manage print jobs sent to a laptop printer. Usually, it’s visible to users, and that they will cancel print jobs being processed. It additionally lets them manage print jobs presently on the waitlist. strive restarting the spooler service and verify if this fixes the problem.
- Press the Windows and R keys at the same time.
- In the Run dialog box, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- In the list of Windows services, click on any service and keep pressing P until Print Spooler is highlighted.
- Right-click on Print Spooler, and choose Properties from the pop-up menu.
- In the General tab, click on the Stop button under the Service status, and click OK to save the change.
- Now that the service is disabled temporarily, focus on deleting the printer files. For that, open Windows Explorer, and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS. Permission might be required to access the PRINTERS If prompted by the OS, click Continue.
- Once you are in the folder, select and delete the files in it. Then, you are good to close the window.
- Now, go back to the General tab, and Start the spooler service. In addition, make it a point to keep the spooler’s Startup type as Automatic.
- Reboot your PC and check if your printer connects properly.
Disable “Use Brother Printer Offline” with Settings App
Another workaround for the problem is removing Windows’s capability to figure with the device once it’s offline. Configuring this can certify it solely works once connected properly to your computer. you’ll be able to revert the changes if this doesn’t fix something for you.
- Click on the Start button, and open Control Panel.
- From it, choose Hardware and Sound.
- In the subsequent window, click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your printer name, and select See what’s printing.
- Click Printer at the top left, and ensure Use printer offline in the drop-down menu is unchecked. It is unchecked in this case. Once you make the changes, click on Cancel all documents, and try reconnecting your printer.
Read Also This Blog